Ryman North: Wroxham beat Thurrock to seal back-to-back wins
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2013
A second-half brace from Christy Finch and a wonder strike from Remy Gordon helped Wroxham to a dominating 4-1 win over Thurrock.
The Yachtsmen named an unchanged side from the one that claimed their first league win of the season against Cheshunt on Saturday, with Danny Rust keeping his starting berth ahead of returning club captain Daniel Self.
Both sides started well with half chances apiece, before two goals in three minutes swung the momentum in the home side's favour.
Jamie Forshaw bagged the first on 19 minutes with a bundled effort, before Remy Gordon fired in a superb second from 25 yards three minutes later to take control of the match.
Wroxham were soaking up Thurrock's attacks well, although the away side were guilty of missing some guilt edged chances to get themselves back in.
You may also want to watch:
Lamar Reynolds headed straight at Elliot Pride, before Bradley Warner placed his shot just wide when one-on-one on 56 minutes.
The game then went into overdrive as it reached the final five minutes, Finch bagging his first on 85 minutes, before Robert Clark grabbed a consolation for Thurrock with an 89th minute free kick.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
However, it soon turned sour as in the aftermath debutant Nathan Stone and Thurrock right-back Lewis Clark clashed, resulting in both receiving their marching orders in an unsavoury moment.
Former Gorleston striker Finch then grabbed his second in injury time with a good finish to seal the win and give Stewart Larter's resurgent side back-to-back victories in front of an attendance of 76.
• Kirkley & Pakefield earned their first win of the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Premier Division season away at Felixstowe & Walton United.
Goals from Ross King, Dan Tacon and Kyle Baker in the first half saw Kirkley go in 3-1 ahead at the break and Ross Gilfedder wrapped up a 4-1 win in the second half.
Swaffham Town made it three wins from three matches in the First Division by winning 2-1 at March Town United.