Ryman North: Harlow Town 2 Dereham Town 0
- Credit: Archant
Dereham left the Harlow Stadium pointless after a goal in each half by the home side.
There was little to choose between the two sides as the Magpies made a bright start with home keeper Niklas Freund getting down well to save Lewis Wallace's low drive.
Harlow's Leon Antoine tested Dereham keeper Will Viner with a fierce drive which he handled well in the 16th minute.
Dereham produced a flowing attacking move down the left with Luke Tuttle and Ryan Crisp setting up Sam Borrer who fired wide when well placed as the Magpies' good start continued.
However, Harlow went in front in the 31st minute. Ryan Melaugh centred to enable Fabion Simms to strike a firm drive onto Viner's crossbar with the rebound looping up to Layne Eadie who reacted first to head home.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham responded with Tuttle having an effort well saved by Freund before Rhys Logan fired over to top. The Hawks should have increased their lead with 41 minutes on the clock as Junior Dadson failed to hit the target with only Viner to beat. The Magpies keeper then made a fine save to deny Alex Read from close range shortly before half-time.
Dereham keeper Viner denied Harlow a second in the 66th minute with a brilliant acrobatic save from Leon Antoine's header following Melaugh's corner.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
The visitors produced a fine five man move which ended with substitute James Cooper stretching to head wide. They then came close to finding the equaliser with keeper Freund palming away skipper Borrer's firm close range effort in the 76th minute.
Dereham continued to press but Harlow sealed victory when substitute Joe Benjamin crossed from the left to present Dadson with a close-range tap-in.