Ryman North: Dereham Town 1 Soham Town Rangers 1
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Dereham Town lost their 100pc home record in Ryman League North yesterday after being held to a draw by a determined Soham Town Rangers side at Aldiss Park.
After a spell of early pressure the hosts opened the scoring after 15 minutes when Craig Bussens latched on to a diagonal clearance before turning well and firing past Soham keeper Joe Templeman with a powerful finish.
Dereham pressed for a second but Soham defended well and just before half-time Andy Palmer turned past Harry Barker, to leave Andrew Wilton with no chance as he pulled his side level.
Both sides matched each other well in the second half, with defences working hard to limit the opposition attacks.
Despite the dropped points Magpies manager Matt Henman was pleased with his side's display.
You may also want to watch:
'Our performance level today was a lot more consistent than in our recent away matches and that's really pleasing for me and something we will look to carry forward,' said Henman.
'We worked really hard to get our noses in front, then it was frustrating to concede such a sloppy goal, especially with it coming just before half-time. That's never a good time to concede as if we had gone with a lead at the break I think we could have gone on and added to it.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
'I didn't think we did much wrong in the first half, we created some good chances and limited them from playing, which was really pleasing. However, in the second half I thought both teams cancelled each other out and it was frustrating that we couldn't come away with all three points.'
Dereham: Wilton, Hawkins, Barker (Ward 68), Hockley, Howard, Sommerfield, Bussens, Smith (Bailey 81), Tuttle, Roberts (Kay 65), Hilliard. Subs: Eastoe-Smith, Mason.
Soham: Templeman, Lukue, Ofori-Gyasi, Asensi, Gent, Torres, Sharman, Hall, Palmer (Brown 78), Stanley, Abbs (Prada 48). Subs: Minns.
Referee: Mr. J. Turner.