Ryman North: Dereham Town 1 Bury Town 1
- Credit: IAN BURT
An injury-time penalty from Luke Tuttle earned Dereham Town a point against an unbeaten Bury side.
The visitors started confidently and Remi Garrett delivered a deep cross from the right but David Lampshire's header failed to trouble home keeper Will Viner.
Play was competitive and tight and in the 32nd minute Bury won a free-kick outside the box and Bradley Barber's left footer flew over the top.
Dereham came close to breaking the deadlock twice in the 37th minute. Rhys Logan used his speed to chase a long clearance from keeper Viner before rattling the Bury cross bar with a superb drive. From the rebound Matthew Cook also hit a fierce effort on to the visitors' bar.
On half-time Bury nearly caught the Magpies on the break, with a fine tackle by Fraser Blake-Tracy thwarting Barber as he homed in on goal.
You may also want to watch:
After the break Jake Anema and Luke Tuttle exchanged passes to find Ryan Crisp, with keeper Neil O'Sullivan claiming his cross-cum-shot. In the 55th minute Bury's Justin Miler struck Viner's cross-bar and before Dereham could regroup John Kennedy slipped a short pass through to Barber who coolly slotted home to put the Rams in front.
Dereham responded with Lewis Butcher having an effort blocked following Logan's precise pass. As the Magpies continued to search for the equaliser Sam Borrer thumped a long range effort off target.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
Then, in added time, Phil Weaver brought down Crisp in the box and Tuttle slotted home to earn Dereham a deserved draw.
Dereham: W Viner, J Anema, F Blake-Tracy, M Cook (D Frary 75), M Howard (O Willis 45), L Sturman, R Logan, S Borerr, L Tuttle, R Crisp, L Butcher (S Bialasik 67)
Unused sub: L Wallace