Ryman North: Cray Wanderers 2 Dereham Town 3
- Credit: IAN BURT
Craig Bussens fired home a dramatic late winner last night to give Dereham Town's promotion hopes in Division One North of the Ryman League a timely boost.
With just one win in their previous five games the Magpies appeared to be facing more frustration when hosts Cray equalised for a second time with just 11 minutes left. But Matt Henman's men responded positively to the setback and Bussens hit the target in the 89th minute to ensure the long journey back to Norfolk would be a happy one.
Dereham made a flying start, with Ryan Hawkins opening the scoring after just 12 minutes.
Kenny Kedze equalised for Cray on the stroke of half-time but the visitors quickly regrouped and were back in front on 47 minutes through Aaron Kay.
The lowly hosts went on to restore parity again in an exciting, see-saw encounter – but it was Bussens who had the final say.
You may also want to watch:
The victory lifted Dereham two places up the table to ninth, just three points adrift of the play-off positions.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash