Ryman North: Burnham Ramblers 0 Dereham Town 2
Dereham Town left the Leslie Field Stadium with the points despite a plucky display from lowly Burnham.
The Magpies were rewarded for a positive start when Frazer Blake-Tracy got in a fine cross on the left byline which home keeper Matt Belcher could only fumble into the path of Olly Willis who opened Dereham's account in the seventh minute from close range.
The Magpies soon increased their lead in the 11th minute with striker Toby Hilliard finishing a well worked passing move from just inside the box after receiving Michael Clunan's short pass.
Dereham continued to drive forward but Burnham's Ryan Imbert forced visiting keeper Andy Wilton into a fine low save to keep out his fierce 20-yard drive with 28 minutes gone.
Burnham started to press more and after Dereham's Matt Hockley had headed a Clunan free-kick wide in the 37th minute, they gained a free-kick on the edge of the box with Liam Burgess' drive striking Harry Barker before looping over the bar. Minutes later a searching centre travelled across the visitors' box with no home player on hand to finish.
You may also want to watch:
On half-time Toby Hilliard had an 18-yard effort blocked from a central position as Dereham went in 2-0 up.
Shortly after the restart home keeper Matt Belcher had to be replaced with Junior Lawrence taking over in goal. He was soon a bystander as Clunan thundered a 25-yard volley onto the underside of his crossbar with the ball dropping to safety.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
Dereham then failed to create any chances to test the stand-in keeper with Burnham enjoying a fruitless spell of pressure.
In the 89th minute a Clunan corner flew straight across the home goalmouth before Clunan and Louis Mason both had shots saved.
Burnham were not finished yet and Andrea Mantovani was unlucky to see his stunning 20-yard volley cannon back off a post.
Burnham Ramblers: M Belcher, R Boswell, D Collins, R Evans, K Jude, M Gorbell, B Nobbs, E Johnson, R Imbert, L Burgess, A Mantovani. Subs: T Anderson, L Pleasance, J Lawerence, M Pallinger, B Bramley
Dereham: A Wilton, O Willis, F Blake-Tracy, M Hockley, H Barker, D Morphew, S Borrer, M Clunan, Tl Hilliard, C Bussens, L Mason. Subs: C Clarke, A Kay, N Page, L Sturman
Referee: Paul Quick