Ryman North: Burnham Ramblers 0 Dereham Town 2
Dereham Town left the Leslie Field Stadium with the points despite a plucky display from lowly Burnham.
The Magpies were rewarded for a positive start when Frazer Blake-Tracy got in a fine cross on the left byline which home keeper Matt Belcher could only fumble into the path of Olly Willis who opened Dereham's account in the seventh minute from close range.
The Magpies soon increased their lead in the 11th minute with striker Toby Hilliard finishing a well worked passing move from just inside the box after receiving Michael Clunan's short pass.
Dereham continued to drive forward but Burnham's Ryan Imbert forced visiting keeper Andy Wilton into a fine low save to keep out his fierce 20-yard drive with 28 minutes gone.
Burnham started to press more and after Dereham's Matt Hockley had headed a Clunan free-kick wide in the 37th minute, they gained a free-kick on the edge of the box with Liam Burgess' drive striking Harry Barker before looping over the bar. Minutes later a searching centre travelled across the visitors' box with no home player on hand to finish.
You may also want to watch:
On half-time Toby Hilliard had an 18-yard effort blocked from a central position as Dereham went in 2-0 up.
Shortly after the restart home keeper Matt Belcher had to be replaced with Junior Lawrence taking over in goal. He was soon a bystander as Clunan thundered a 25-yard volley onto the underside of his crossbar with the ball dropping to safety.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
Dereham then failed to create any chances to test the stand-in keeper with Burnham enjoying a fruitless spell of pressure.
In the 89th minute a Clunan corner flew straight across the home goalmouth before Clunan and Louis Mason both had shots saved.
Burnham were not finished yet and Andrea Mantovani was unlucky to see his stunning 20-yard volley cannon back off a post.
Burnham Ramblers: M Belcher, R Boswell, D Collins, R Evans, K Jude, M Gorbell, B Nobbs, E Johnson, R Imbert, L Burgess, A Mantovani. Subs: T Anderson, L Pleasance, J Lawerence, M Pallinger, B Bramley
Dereham: A Wilton, O Willis, F Blake-Tracy, M Hockley, H Barker, D Morphew, S Borrer, M Clunan, Tl Hilliard, C Bussens, L Mason. Subs: C Clarke, A Kay, N Page, L Sturman
Referee: Paul Quick