Ryman North: Barkingside 1 Wroxham 2
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham got their play-off ambitions back up and running as they came from behind to earn a gritty win.
It was their first in over a month and comes as a welcome relief to Stewart Larter and his men, whose run of poor results had begun to look like putting their place in the play-off positions in jeopardy.
After a tight start, the game came alive at both ends as the woodwork was struck twice in the space of four minutes.
Barkingside were the first to go close, Wroxham losing possession outside their own box, with Joe Bricknell picking up the loose ball before sending a fine 20-yard curling effort that struck the outside of the post and went wide.
Wroxham responded in kind four minutes later, some quick passing between Jack Garrod and Jamie Forshaw finding Christy Finch, whose shot from the angle was expertly tipped onto the crossbar by Tim Pitman.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham were looking dangerous in attack, but a slight lapse in concentration at the back let their hosts in on 32 minutes as they took the lead.
Lewis Frances found space inside the box to fire a shot at Elliot Pride, who parried the effort straight at the onrushing Bricknell, who made no mistake to bury the rebound.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
But Wroxham hit back four minutes later, Finch finding Jordan King on the edge of the box, the midfielder taking a touch before sending a well-struck effort into the bottom corner.
Wroxham deservedly went ahead through Finch's 25th goal of the season on 56 minutes, the striker being fed by Forshaw before striking his effort through Pitman.
Barkingside: Pitman, Akapka, Hayes, Emur, Cossington, Wardron, Frances, Bricknell, Edmunds, Gurfer, Weemes. Subs: Davie, Poku, Taylor, Akpere, Goeorgiou.
Wroxham: Pride, Taylor, Price, Hinton (Guyton 78), Howell, Halliday, Garrod (Imrie 84), King, Forshaw (Rust 87), Finch, Gordon. Sub unused: White
Ref: Craig Pullen