Ryman League Division One North Dereham Town urged not to waste value of ‘bonus’ away wins
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Boss Matt Henman admits Dereham Town's excellent week on the road will count for little if they fail to win at home this afternoon.
The Magpies have hauled themselves to within six points of the Ryman League Division One North play-offs after back-to-back away victories. Saturday's 1-0 win at AFC Hornchurch was followed up with a 2-1 triumph at Witham Town on Tuesday night.
But Henman concedes those successes will be wasted if they do not produce the goods at Aldiss Park against Heybridge Swifts.
He said: 'Home should be your bread and butter. Those wins at Hornchurch and Witham were great but they're almost bonus wins. Our good work will be undone if we don't follow it up. We'll be making sure the players remember how hard they had to work at Hornchurch and Witham and to not let it go to waste.'
Vadim Constandachi and Jackson Ramm are unavailable meaning midweek first-team debutant James Grant, who scored along with Ryan Crisp, looks likely to keep his place at right-back. Michael Sommerfield (hamstring) will miss out but Daniel Morphew, the match-winner at Hornchurch, returns after being absent on Tuesday through his usual university commitments.
You may also want to watch:
'We felt like we were closing in a couple of good results,' added Henman, whose 13th-placed side are three places, and points, better off than Swifts.
'We deserved to win both games.'
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 8 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 9 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 10 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder