Ryman First Division North: Needham Market defeat condemns Wroxham to fifth successive loss
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2013
Wroxham extended their losing streak to five matches with a 5-2 loss against Needham Market at Trafford Park.
Needham took the lead after three minutes when former Ipswich Town striker Ian Westlake laid an inch-perfect ball across for Ryan Melaugh, who slotted past Robert Juhasz.
Needham didn't hold the lead for long as Sam Harty equalised in the 12th minute, curling a supreme 20-yard effort into the top right-hand corner.
Both teams were playing some good football and creating chances, with Remy Gordon missing the best for the hosts when he placed his shot straight at Andrew Plummer from just inside the box.
With the swirling wind going against The Yachtsmen at the start of the second half, Needham retook the lead with 53 minutes gone, Melaugh finding space down the left before firing his shot through Juhasz.
You may also want to watch:
Westlake then bagged two goals in eight minutes to take the game away from The Yachtsmen, jinking through the Wroxham defence for his first before tapping in at the back post to make it 4-1 after good play by Luke Ingram.
Harty then bagged his second 20-yard effort of the game for Wroxham, flicking Joe Marsden's corner up before volleying into the bottom-right corner to spark hopes of a comeback.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 8 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
But any hopes of a riposte were quashed as substitute Adam Mills popped up at the back post to head home with two minutes remaining to secure the win.
Wroxham: Juhasz, Taylor, Halliday (Gee 64), Price, King (Guyton 84), Harty, Cary (Drake 45), Groves, Vide, Gordon, Marsden. Subs not used: Attree, Wilkinson.
Needham Market: Plummer, Morphew (Driver 73), Coakley, Logan, Fenn, Ingram, Izzet, Malton, Westlake (Hammond), Melaugh (Mills 85). Subs not used: Munson, Thrower.
Referee: Paul Burnham