Ryman First Division North: Needham Market defeat condemns Wroxham to fifth successive loss
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2013
Wroxham extended their losing streak to five matches with a 5-2 loss against Needham Market at Trafford Park.
Needham took the lead after three minutes when former Ipswich Town striker Ian Westlake laid an inch-perfect ball across for Ryan Melaugh, who slotted past Robert Juhasz.
Needham didn't hold the lead for long as Sam Harty equalised in the 12th minute, curling a supreme 20-yard effort into the top right-hand corner.
Both teams were playing some good football and creating chances, with Remy Gordon missing the best for the hosts when he placed his shot straight at Andrew Plummer from just inside the box.
With the swirling wind going against The Yachtsmen at the start of the second half, Needham retook the lead with 53 minutes gone, Melaugh finding space down the left before firing his shot through Juhasz.
Westlake then bagged two goals in eight minutes to take the game away from The Yachtsmen, jinking through the Wroxham defence for his first before tapping in at the back post to make it 4-1 after good play by Luke Ingram.
Harty then bagged his second 20-yard effort of the game for Wroxham, flicking Joe Marsden's corner up before volleying into the bottom-right corner to spark hopes of a comeback.
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 4 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 5 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 6 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Part of Norfolk Coast Path to close for seven weeks
- 9 'Foodie Fortnight' to celebrate opening of new food hall in Norwich
- 10 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run
But any hopes of a riposte were quashed as substitute Adam Mills popped up at the back post to head home with two minutes remaining to secure the win.
Wroxham: Juhasz, Taylor, Halliday (Gee 64), Price, King (Guyton 84), Harty, Cary (Drake 45), Groves, Vide, Gordon, Marsden. Subs not used: Attree, Wilkinson.
Needham Market: Plummer, Morphew (Driver 73), Coakley, Logan, Fenn, Ingram, Izzet, Malton, Westlake (Hammond), Melaugh (Mills 85). Subs not used: Munson, Thrower.
Referee: Paul Burnham