Ryan Walsh planning to spring a surprise against Lee Selby
Ryan Walsh is planning to shock the boxing world when he challenges for the British title this weekend.
The Cromer fighter will be a huge underdog when he steps into the ring against Lee Selby at London's 02 Arena on Saturday.
The Welshman's domestic and Commonwealth featherweight titles are up for grabs and such is the confidence in Selby's camp, he is already arranging his plans post-Walsh.
That attitude hasn't impressed Walsh, but the unbeaten 27-year-old has only one thing on his mind.
''It is a big night when everyone will be watching because there is a lot of interest – and I am going to shock them. I am going to shock them all.
'If you get 15 sports writers and ask them who is going to win, they are all going to say Selby. So I am going to shock them, I am sure that is going to happen.'
'My ring IQ is my big advantage – and that is probably his worst, because he doesn't seem to think too much, but he is going to have a lot of thinking to do on Saturday.
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 3 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
- 4 Afternoon tea at Norwich tea room named one of best in UK
- 5 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after man made lewd comment
- 6 Dental woes worsen as town's troubled surgery closes permanently
- 7 Pub plans store and Post Office after village's only shop closes
- 8 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 9 Organisers of Norfolk festival 'gutted' after cancelling due to fire risk
- 10 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
'I know it will be hard – I haven't trained the way I have for something easy. The best man will win, the fittest man will win, but I want the best man to win. Whoever the best man is should win that fight. I am more than confident I am the best man – now I have got to go and prove it.'