Runners-up stake an early claim
Blofield United put one over Sterry Cup winners Cromer Town to keep themselves right on the tails of the early-season pacesetters in the Premier Division.
Last season's runners-up beat their rivals 3-1, with goals from Ben Morgan, Colin Wines and Daniel McKail – with Mathew Eves replying for the Crabs.
It leaves them a point behind Acle and Loddon.
Acle hit four without reply at Hempnall, with goals from Nathan Thompson, Regan Harman, Harry Maddison and an own goal, while Loddon were 3-2 winners at Spixworth. Two goals from Tom Baylis and one from Stephen Wise did the job, with Duncan Whitlam and Danny Brown replying.
Mattishall were the day's big scorers, hammering six past Sheringham. Luke Catchpole and Christian Harbour scored two apiece with Gary Harbour and Connor Delaney also on target.
Wymondham remain winless after going down 2-1 at Beccles, whose goals came from Damon Bensley.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
- 5 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 8 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 9 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds