Runners-up stake an early claim
Blofield United put one over Sterry Cup winners Cromer Town to keep themselves right on the tails of the early-season pacesetters in the Premier Division.
Last season's runners-up beat their rivals 3-1, with goals from Ben Morgan, Colin Wines and Daniel McKail – with Mathew Eves replying for the Crabs.
It leaves them a point behind Acle and Loddon.
Acle hit four without reply at Hempnall, with goals from Nathan Thompson, Regan Harman, Harry Maddison and an own goal, while Loddon were 3-2 winners at Spixworth. Two goals from Tom Baylis and one from Stephen Wise did the job, with Duncan Whitlam and Danny Brown replying.
Mattishall were the day's big scorers, hammering six past Sheringham. Luke Catchpole and Christian Harbour scored two apiece with Gary Harbour and Connor Delaney also on target.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham remain winless after going down 2-1 at Beccles, whose goals came from Damon Bensley.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project