Rudd leads the way with fifth hat-trick
M+A PARTNERS NORFOLK LEAGUE: Knowing that they had secured second place in the Premier Division, Sheringham and Holt Panthers turned on the style in their final game of the season as they beat Evergreens 5-0.
Each member of the team had an outstanding game, with Gail Rudd leading the way with her fifth hat-trick of the campaign.
Zoe Gotts and Tracy Toyn were also on target while youngster Hattie Hobart maintained her fine form.
Champions Broadland won 2-0 at Dereham III in a game that was dominated by defences to end the season with a proud unbeaten record. Carre Mills gave Broadland the lead following a determined run along the backline. Although a Dereham defender managed to get her stick to the ball, she couldn't prevent it going in. Then, with Dereham looking for an equaliser, a Broadland counter-attack swept up field and Tracey Buxton skilfully slotted the ball home.
Norwich City II ended their campaign with a 2-2 draw against Lowestoft Railway.
You may also want to watch:
City, guaranteed a fourth place finish, went in front through Emilie Delacarve, only for Railway to level just before the break. The visitors took the lead with four minutes left but City secured a point through Georgie Kidner's penalty flick.
Division One champions Harleston Magpies IV finished on a high note when they beat Yarmouth II 3-0 with Kay Dennis making it 18 for the season and Beth Alexander and Rachel Peters also on target.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
Reepham's last game of the season produced another solid performance as they beat Norwich City III 4-0.
Captain Katie Lake scored twice, while Dawn Fisher, playing her last game for the club, marked the occasion with a cracking goal.
Broadland II beat Pelicans III 1-0, courtesy of a second half goal from Carolyn Duthie, while Norwich Dragons III drew 2-2 with Harleston Magpies V (Amelia Dawson, Harriette Stone).
Division Two champions Diss were too good for Dereham IV, winning 5-0 with goals from Tash Blakely (2), Lucy Kershaw, Toni Glover, her 36th of the season, and skipper Howard.
In Division Three Norwich City V won a thrilling game at Hornets 4-3 (Julia Marchant 2, Emily Greenway, Amber Sayers) while Harleston Magpies VI lost 1-0 to Herlings despite good displays from Jodie Guest and Grace Pearson.