Royal Norwich Golf Club unveil image of proposed new clubhouse
- Credit: Archant
An eye-catching combination of the old and new will be the centrepiece of the new Royal Norwich if plans to relocate to the current Weston Park golf course are given the go-ahead.
The club have released an image of the state-of-the-art clubhouse, which is attached to the existing facility, a converted former family house. The design is set to go before the planning authorities before the end of the year.
The design of the new 18-hole Championship course, and a nine-hole lay-out to complement it, was revealed earlier in the summer, with the scheme hinging on the approval of a housing development on the club's current course at Hellesdon.
Officials are confident the new clubhouse, which features a veranda overlooking the 18th green, will be a building in keeping with a smart new golf course.
'It has become apparent through all the research we have done that ensuring we can cater for a wider range of golfing needs is critical to the future of our club,' said Royal Norwich's general manager Phil Grice. 'Both courses cater for every level of golfing need and we believe we have achieved this within the proposed clubhouse. Indoor simulators, casual dining, formal areas, alfresco spaces and a number of rooms that are completely multi-purpose will allow us to deliver a wide range of expectations.
You may also want to watch:
'We feel we have taken some of the best parts of some of the UK's leading venues and applied it to the new clubhouse facilities. Families are a huge part of the golfing landscape and we need to be sure we have a course, clubhouse and facilities that ensure the whole family feel welcome and enjoy their golf and membership at Royal Norwich.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together