Rose Bowl is the goal for Norfolk clubs
There will be an extra incentive for the eight clubs taking part in this year's Norfolk Twenty20 Cup. The competition will this season double up as the Norfolk rounds of the ECB Cockspur Club Twenty20.
There will be an extra incentive for the eight clubs taking part in this year's Norfolk Twenty20 Cup.
The competition will this season double up as the Norfolk rounds of the ECB Cockspur Club Twenty20. The Norfolk winners will go through to the regional rounds of the Cockspur competition, with the ultimate prize of a place in the Sky-televised national finals at Hampshire's Rose Bowl stadium, at stake.
Matches will again be staged at Manor Park, with the opening tie on Tuesday, May 25 between Brooke and Horsford. Reigning champions Norwich have a tough opening assignment when they take on Vauxhall Mallards, who have returned to the competition this year in place of Cromer.
KT Financial Services, of Unthank Road, Norwich are the new competition sponsors and the winners will receive �1,000 prize money.
You may also want to watch:
Philip Heyburn of the Norfolk Twenty20 Cup organising committee, said: "The competition has developed an increasing profile over the last few years and, with the incorporation of the Cockspur Cup, it is hoped that this will continue with a successful and happy competition in 2010."
Group A: Brooke, Horsford, Norwich, Vauxhall Mallards. Group B: Fakenham, Acle, Great Witchingham, Swardeston.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
Fixtures: Tuesday, May 25 Brooke v Horsford; Wednesday, May 26 Acle v Swardeston; Thursday, May 27 Vauxhall Mallards v Norwich; Tuesday, June 1 Fakenham v Great Witchingham; Wednesday, June 2 Brooke v Vauxhall Mallards; Thursday, June 3 Fakenham v Acle; Tuesday, June 8 Norwich v Brooke; Wednesday, June 9 Swardeston v Great Witchingham; Thursday, June 10 Horsford v Norwich; Monday, June 14 Great Witchingham v Acle; Tuesday, June 15 Horsford v Vauxhall Mallards; Thursday, June 17 Swardeston v Fakenham; Thursday, July 1 semi-final, winner Group A v runner-up Group B; Thursday, July 8 semi-final, winner Group B v runner-up Group A; Friday, July 16 final.