Ron and Ray Walding make progress for Beccles Golf Club
Beccles Golf Club Seniors captain Ron Walding and his brother and club secretary Ray Walding travelled to Burnham-on-Crouch last Thursday to take part in the Senior National Pairs Knockout.
In blustery, wet conditions Ron and Ray managed to defeat their opposition on their home course, winning 5&4. The pair are now waiting to find out who they will face in the next round.
Saturday was the Lillian Allen Cup Order of Merit competition, and in very wet conditions one temporary green was in play.
The 14 hardy souls included three new members playing for their cards. Some good scores were shot with third going to vice-captain Paul Segust (83-16-67), second was Alan Ereira (75-11-64) and winning with a very good score was Keith Pickering (72-12-60). Captain Bob Janney thanked Willie and Sam for preparing the greens, Ron for the hot refreshments and Lillian Allen for her continued support and presenting the trophy to Keith Pickering.
Sunday should have been the David and Rhona Neech Mixed Doubles, but due to the adverse weather it was cancelled on the Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday will be the Piccadily Putter OOM and Sunday is junior coaching from 10-11am with places available.
The following Saturday is the Elsie Pulford Cup OOM, followed by the Sunday Medal OOM.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures