Ron and Ray Walding make progress for Beccles Golf Club
Beccles Golf Club Seniors captain Ron Walding and his brother and club secretary Ray Walding travelled to Burnham-on-Crouch last Thursday to take part in the Senior National Pairs Knockout.
In blustery, wet conditions Ron and Ray managed to defeat their opposition on their home course, winning 5&4. The pair are now waiting to find out who they will face in the next round.
Saturday was the Lillian Allen Cup Order of Merit competition, and in very wet conditions one temporary green was in play.
The 14 hardy souls included three new members playing for their cards. Some good scores were shot with third going to vice-captain Paul Segust (83-16-67), second was Alan Ereira (75-11-64) and winning with a very good score was Keith Pickering (72-12-60). Captain Bob Janney thanked Willie and Sam for preparing the greens, Ron for the hot refreshments and Lillian Allen for her continued support and presenting the trophy to Keith Pickering.
Sunday should have been the David and Rhona Neech Mixed Doubles, but due to the adverse weather it was cancelled on the Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday will be the Piccadily Putter OOM and Sunday is junior coaching from 10-11am with places available.
The following Saturday is the Elsie Pulford Cup OOM, followed by the Sunday Medal OOM.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143