Romford and Gidea Park 20, Diss 33
Diss completed a solid season in London One North in impressive style as they recovered from an early deficit to win at Romford.
The visitors had a plan to let the opposition come at them in the early stages and then run at them later in the game when they had tired – and it worked a treat.
Romford were 17-7 up at one stage but Phil Sharpe's side turned the tables in spectacular fashion as they added four more tries to their earlier effort while conceding just three points from a penalty.
Warren Wilby and John Laurie led the way by scoring two apiece while Giles West also touched down.
Charlie Pask weighed in with four conversions overall as Diss picked up their 12th win of the campaign and confirmed an eighth place finish.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups