Roe and Dulieu lead the way at Gorleston
For the second week in succession competitors were greeted with bright sunshine but very little wind at Gorleston on Sunday. Luckily this week the neap tide was quite weak and became slack during the later races.
For the second week in succession competitors were greeted with bright sunshine but very little wind at Gorleston on Sunday.
Luckily this week the neap tide was quite weak and became slack during the later races.
Four windward/leeward races were scheduled for the final day's racing of this year's Gorleston Sprint Series.
All four races were led over the water at the finish by the B14 of Dick Roe and Kate Dulieu but in most of the races they could not put enough distance between themselves and the slower boats to win on handicap.
Winners in race 1 were Nick Barratt and A Button in an RS400 ahead of Martin Brown and Dinah Holmes in another RS400. Third in their first outing in their new RS500 were Phil Highfield and Tamsin Butcher.
Richard Brown and Jenny Butler in an RS400 won race two ahead of Barratt and Button with Roe and Dulieu third.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 4 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 5 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 6 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 9 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
In race three it was Brown and Holmes' turn to win, with Roe and Dulieu second and Brown and Butler third. Brown and Butler rounded off a successful day with another win in race four ahead of Brown and Holmes and Roe and Dulieu.
Results: Sprint Series Race 1(6): RS400 1177 (Barratt/Button); RS400 1129 (Brown/Holmes); RS500 665 (Highfield/Butcher). Sprint Series Race 2 (6): RS400 1137 (Brown/Butler); RS400 1177 (Barratt/Button); B14 776 (Roe/Dulieu).
Sprint Series Race 3 (6): RS400 1129 (Brown/Holmes); B14 776 (Roe/Dulieu); RS400 1137 (Brown/Butler). Sprint Series Race 4 (6): RS400 1137 (Brown/Butler); RS400 1129 (Brown/Holmes); B14 776 (Roe/Dulieu).
n Coldham Hall Sailing Club results:
Race One - Allcomers (8): 1 Rainbow (J Ellis), 2 Pixie (G Pinder and C Womack), 3 Comment (D Durrant).
Race Two - Allcomers (8): 1 Shibboleth (D Woolsten and M Woolsten), 2 Comment, 3 Rainbow.
Race Three - Allcomers (8): 1 Shibboleth, 2 Comment, 3 Magpie (D Hickman, P Sullivan).