Rocky Lewis and Marck Riches suffer surprise defeat in pairs at Great Yarmouth Bowls Festival
- Credit: Archant
Downham Market/Norfolk pair Rocky Lewis and Mark Riches suffered a surprise loss in the first round of the pairs against P Dwyer and J AKester at the Great Yarmouth Bowls Festival yesterday.
The match was close early on with the score 4-4 at five ends but after 11 ends the Akester pair led 15-7 only to be pegged back to 15-15 after 14 ends. But the Riches pair failed to score on the last five ends losing 26-15.
In a high scoring game K Taylor/S Stimpson (Freethorpe Bowls club) beat M Lain/J Hipperson 28-26 which included a full house of eight shots on the 19th end.
W Wilgreess/M Hartzman won two games 27-11 and 24-16.
Part of the fours winners P Clark/A Nixon lost to father Willgress, partnered by Paul Webb, 21-10 and went on to win their second game 19-10.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Seabourne/Mark Royal won their first game 23-9 and the second 25-20. The youngest pair in the pairs R Garnam/J Parsons won a close game against S Carr/R French 24-23 after being 13-21 down at 16 ends.
Other selected qualifiers were D Mills/I Wones, M Harrison/P Boldero, P Parsons/D Smith, J Lesley/R Summers and K & A Brooks,
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones