Rockland United end Thetford Rovers Reserves’ 100 percent record
There were only a handful of league matches with most teams engaged in either Norfolk Junior Cup action or the first rounds of the Primary and Pease League Cup competitions.
Rockland United are up to second place in Division One after removing Thetford Rovers Reserves' previous 100 percent record with a 3-2 home win.
There were just two fixtures in Division Two. West End picked up their first points of the season with a 2-0 success at Cockers while honours were even between Sporle and Rampant Horse following their 3-3 draw. In Division Three Wendling won by the odd goal of nine at Weeting to make it three wins from three so far.
The rest of the teams in domestic action were contesting the first rounds of the Chequered Flag Primary League Cup or the Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup. In the former for the Division Two teams, Bawdeswell beat Hethersett Athletic 7-1, Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves won 4-0 at Necton and Scarning United were 6-3 winners at Nostro.
In the Pease League Cup for third and fourth Division teams, Beetley United ran up the highest score of the day, beating Methwold United Reserves 17-0. Yaxham Reserves were also high scorers in recording an 11-1 success at Narborough Reserves while Stoke Ferry won 7-2 at Watton United A. Colkirk had to rely on extra time to beat Shipdham Reserves 3-2, Splitz United won by the same score at Feltwell United Reserves as did Mattishall A who beat Rockland United Reserves. Attleborough Athletic won 6-1 at Great Cressingham, Weasenham Wanderers won by the only goal of the game at Castle Acre Swifts Reserves and Gressenhall Reserves squeezed through against Nostro Reserves on the right side of a 5-4 scoreline.
Marham Wanderers won by the odd goal of five at Methwold United while Mulbarton Wanderers A were taken to extra time by Dereham Cockers United before running out 4-2 winners. Tacolneston Reserves won 3-0 at Walsingham United and Hingham Athletic Reserves won 5-3 on penalties after a 4-4 draw.
There was little joy from the first round of the Norfolk Junior Cup with only Castle Acre Swifts making progress, courtesy of 2-1 win at Harleston Town Reserves. Northwold S&SC live to fight another day after holding Bradenham Wanderers Reserves to a 2-2 draw and Morley Village also earned themselves a replay after a 5-5 home draw with UEA.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed