Robert Lambert set to live his teenage dream during home World Cup debut at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Ian Burt
One of Norfolk's hottest sporting talents is revving himself up to perform on the biggest stage of his young career.
Robert Lambert, 17, will make his World Cup debut in front of his own fans at King's Lynn's Adrian Flux Arena this evening. And Great Britain's brightest hope – who rides for the Stars in the Elite League – can't wait for the action to get under way at Saddlebow Road.
Lambert said: 'It's going to be awesome. In front of my home fans, and new fans, who will be cheering me and team GB on. It'll really lift the atmosphere.
'I'm sure we can go out there and do the business. Of course it'll be the biggest night of my life so far. It'll be in the back of my head but I've got to push that to one side and focus on what I've got to do.'
The exciting teenager will line up alongside Tai Woffinden, Chris Harris and Danny King as the Lions aim to overpower Australia, USA and Latvia. The victors from tonight's action will join hosts Denmark and the winners of the opening event of this year's week-long competition, Sweden, in Saturday's final. The teams finishing second and third will race-off against their weekend counterparts Poland and Russia to try and grab the last place at the showcase during a make-or-break meeting on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
To hear the full interview with Lambert listen to West Norfolk Sports Podcast episode 64 at www.edp24.co.uk/wnsp
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park