King’s Lynn ace Lambert blazing a trail for GB in Poland
- Credit: IAN BURT PHOTOGRAPHY
King’s Lynn favourite Robert Lambert is joint second in the European Championship after another solid display in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
Lambert, who first raced for Lynn as a teenager in 2013, notched 10 points on the night in a meeting won by new series leader Leon Madsen.
Triple world champion Nicki Pedersen is level with Lambert on 24 points, two behind Madsen, with three rounds remaining – all in Poland.
It was his first visit to the track which has played host to some of the most sensational Grand Prix action down the years – and it didn’t disappoint in round two of the SEC.
Stars boss Peter Schroeck watched the action and said: “The boys is in the mix for the title big time – well done, Robert. I’m sure every King’s Lynn supporter is right behind him.”
You may also want to watch:
Leading placings: Leon Madsen (Denmark) 14, Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark) 13, Grigorij ?aguta (Russia) 13, Emil Sajfutdinow (Russia) 14, Robert Lambert (GB) 10, Nicki Pedersen (Denmark) 10, Andriej Kudriaszow (Russia) 8, Timo Lahti (Finland) 8.
Leading overall standings: 1 Madsen 26, 2 Pedersen 24, 3 Lambert 24, 4 Michelsen 23, 5 Laguta 20, 6 Bartosz Smektala (Poland) 18, 7 Lahti 16, 8 Sayfutdinov 14.
- 1 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 5 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 6 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 7 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 10 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes