‘What level’s he playing at?’ - Wroxham goalkeeper caught in Robbie Savage crossfire
- Credit: Archant
BT Sport pundit Robbie Savage certainly lived up to his name on Saturday afternoon when trying to put down fellow panellist Chris Sutton.
The pair were discussing Mark Noble’s tweet criticising the West Ham board for the sale of Hammers youngster Grady Diangana to West Brom.
Chris Sutton regarded the tweet as unhelpful to West Ham’s start to the season, describing it as “idiotic” whilst Savage thought Noble was within his rights as captain to publicise his opinion and was perhaps relaying the thoughts of manager David Moyes as Savage would often do when he was a Premier League captain.
As a result of their differing views, Sutton tried to bring the disagreement to an end, by saying he would seek the advice of his son, Ollie, who plays for Wroxham. “I’ll ask my son, he’s a better captain...”
To which Savage replied: “What level is he playing at?”
You may also want to watch:
Sutton, who often tries to get under Savage’s skin, replied “Wow” whilst the rest of the panel agreed Savage’s comeback was “harsh”.
However, Ollie Sutton took the jibe in good spirit, responding to the video on Twitter with several laughing emojis with the hashtag #uptheyachtsmen.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together