Rob Lyon hails a ‘perfect’ start to the term for his King’s Lynn Stars
- Credit: IAN BURT
King's Lynn Stars got their 2014 Elite League term off to a dream start at the Norfolk Arena last night by thumping Lakeside Hammers 51-39.
The 12-point win ensured the Saddlebow Road side picked up all three league points and ended their opponents' unbeaten start to the campaign. All of Lynn's riders came through the fixture unscathed, and scored points – much to the delight of their team boss.
Rob Lyon said: 'It was probably the perfect way to start. We ended up with a 12-point win, 51-39. It was a bit tight early on and we had a few niggly problems with Lewis (Kerr) trying a little bit too hard and he came a cropper on a couple of occasions.
'It was Robert's (Lambert) first meeting and he was obviously a little bit nervous, but I think we saw enough in that team to show it's got a lot of potential to go a long way, so I was happy with that.'
Number one Niels-Kristian Iversen was in sensational form recording a 15-point maximum from his five rides to leave Lynn fans, and Lyon, in awe at his continued brilliance.
You may also want to watch:
'I said to him, 'you want to be jet-lagged every week,' laughed Lyon when talking of the rider who competed in New Zealand on Saturday.
'He was majestic. He was so, so good. I was confident he would do heat 15 for us. It was terrific. And it's great when you've got a rider like that leading from the front as number one.'
- To read a match report, and see pictures from last night's meeting, click here.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 4 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 7 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 8 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 9 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release
- 10 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews