Rob Lyon forced to shuffle his King’s Lynn Stars pack for visit of Leicester Lions
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn team boss Rob Lyon will use a guest for the first time in the league this season when his side host Leicester.
After naming the same seven-man team, and riding order, in their opening four Elite League fixtures, injury to the Stars' captain has forced Lyon to shuffle his pack against the Lions.
Rory Schlein – who suffered a severe concussion and shoulder injury during his side's 46-44 home win over Coventry Bees on Wednesday – is sidelined. His place in the team will be taken for tonight by Wolverhampton Wolves and Edinburgh Monarchs rider Sam Masters.
Lynn will otherwise be at full strength, although Lyon has tinkered with his line-up somewhat by switching Mads Korneliussen and Kai Huckenbeck's positions at second-string. Robert Lambert, who usually rides at five, will fill in at three – where Schlein usually operates.
Leicester have also turned to Wolves for a guest with Swedish star Freddie Lindgren stepping in at number five in place of Sebastian Ulamek. They will operate rider-replacement to cover the absence of Szymon Wozniak – like his team-mate competing in the Polish Championship quarter-finals.
You may also want to watch:
With Paul Starke moving into the main body of the team, skipper and former Star Nicolai Klindt drops to reserve.
'Nicolai was half expecting this to happen as there was no way that his average would increase in the first month to beyond one of the reserves whose starting figures were higher,' Lions team boss Norrie Allan told his club's website.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
'How the positional changes will alter the chemistry of the team is unknown but we will get a good idea of that at Lynn and in the return fixture against the Stars at Leicester on Saturday.'
Leicester picked up their first win of the season, at the fifth attempt, last time out at home to Swindon Robins.
Lynn: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2 Mads Korneliussen, 3 Robert Lambert, 4 Kai Huckenbeck, 5 Sam Masters (Guest), 6 Carl Wilkinson, 7 Lewis Rose
Leicester: 1 Patrick Hougaard, 2 Paul Starke, 3 Aaron Summers, 4 Rider-replacement, 5 Freddie Lindgren (Guest), 6 Nicolai Klindt, 7 Josh Auty
A technical issue has forced tonight's live updates to be shelved.