Rob Lyon: ‘Doolan deserves guest slot for King’s Lynn Stars’ A47 derby with Peterborough Panthers’
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Rob Lyon admits Kevin Doolan deserved to be handed his second King's Lynn Stars guest slot in as many days for this evening's A47 derby.
The Australian, who used to ride for Lynn in their Premier League days, top-scored with 12, paid 13, for the Norfolk Arena club in their 47-43 loss at Poole on Monday. His heroics played a large part in the Stars bringing home a well-deserved point. And it's why Lyon had no hesitation in selecting Doolan to replace the injured Simon Stead again for tonight's home clash against rivals Peterborough Panthers.
Lyon said: 'Kevin's got a lot of experience. He knows King's Lynn very well from the past and he's a bit of a speedway legend in these parts. When he's guested for us in the Elite League he's never let us down and Monday typified that.
'He still has a soft spot for the club and he did a fantastic job for us. I suppose you can say he got us the point. On that basis we were more than happy to give him another ride in place of Simon tonight.'
Like Monday, Lynn will operate rider/replacement for David Howe, missing through Premier League commitments. Eddie Kennett will guest for injured captain Mads Korneliussen. The Stars picked up a maximum seven points against the Panthers on Good Friday but Lyon isn't taking anything for granted against the league's basement boys.
Lyon, whose men sit third, said: 'They don't have a bad team and their inconsistencies make them dangerous. Plus they have riders who go well at our place and with our team being as it is it won't be an easy match.'
Visiting trio Kenneth Bjerre, Nicolai Klindt and Dakota North are all ex-Lynn riders.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 10 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
Lynn: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2 Rider/replacement, 3 Eddie Kennett (Guest), 4 Seb Alden, 5 Rory Schlein, 6 Richie Worrall, 7 Kevin Doolan (G)
Peterborough: 1 Kenneth Bjerre, 2 Nicolai Klindt, 3 Ryan Fisher, 4 Linus Sundstrom, 5 Kennie Larsen, 6 Dakota North, 7 Patrick Hougaard