Road to Wembley begins at home for Norwich City Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies play just their second home game of the season tomorrow, when they begin their FA Cup campaign.
Riverside Rovers, a team from the Peterborough area, will be looking to cause an upset when they travel to Blofield for the third qualifying round.
After a frustrating start to the season for the Canaries, the match offers a chance to build some confidence – with £500 in prize money also up for grabs.
Head coach Scott Emmerson said: 'We're in the process of hopefully signing a couple of new players and on top of that hopefully getting some long-term injuries back, so hopefully we can get a more consistent squad, so we can get the groundwork in so that we have something to build on.
'So this match is potentially an opportunity to kick-start our season.'
The country's top clubs enter the competition at a later stage, with City having played Yeovil after reaching the fourth round in 2010.
'We need to get through to about February until the big guns come in,' Emmerson continued. 'So if can keep going, anything can happen, but we're fully focused on this game first, which will be a test.'
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 10 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack