Road to Wembley begins at home for Norwich City Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies play just their second home game of the season tomorrow, when they begin their FA Cup campaign.
Riverside Rovers, a team from the Peterborough area, will be looking to cause an upset when they travel to Blofield for the third qualifying round.
After a frustrating start to the season for the Canaries, the match offers a chance to build some confidence – with £500 in prize money also up for grabs.
Head coach Scott Emmerson said: 'We're in the process of hopefully signing a couple of new players and on top of that hopefully getting some long-term injuries back, so hopefully we can get a more consistent squad, so we can get the groundwork in so that we have something to build on.
'So this match is potentially an opportunity to kick-start our season.'
You may also want to watch:
The country's top clubs enter the competition at a later stage, with City having played Yeovil after reaching the fourth round in 2010.
'We need to get through to about February until the big guns come in,' Emmerson continued. 'So if can keep going, anything can happen, but we're fully focused on this game first, which will be a test.'
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school