Riverboat’s strong return
After a winter of mainly westerly winds, last Sunday on Oulton Broad there was a switch as the wind came from the east to completely change the starting technique and the courses.
Making a return to the broad was the new Riverboat class and X1 again proved that it could be a formidable opponent on the calm waters of the broad as it shot into an early lead in the first Fast Handicap race and stayed there as Duncan Madin moved up to second, just ahead of Richard Fryer.
Madin was close enough to move up to first on handicap while Veronica Falat in her Streaker moved up from way down the fleet to take second place, pushing the Riverboat back to third.
David Gooch and Gilly Foulds gained another first in the Squibs to cement their series win with another race to go. Second was Richard Sullivan and Sue Harper followed by Kerr and Denise Sinclair.
The second Fast Handicap was again led by the Riverboat and although Richard Fryer kept the gap smaller than the first race he could not get into the first three on handicap as David Frary moved up to second in his Finn and Duncan Madin stayed third.
Overall the series is still open with only four points separating the first three.
Veronica Falat and Alan Cone were well in front in the Lasers with Cone moving up to first on the last round as Jonathon Jones took third.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 3 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 4 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 5 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
- 8 Flood alerts issued along the north Norfolk coast tomorrow morning
- 9 Investigation closed into fatal crash where car crashed into river
- 10 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
The second Squib race saw David Gooch again well out in front, this time from Jim Tubby who is also lying second overall in the winter series with Richard Sullivan third.