Rising star Chris is given international recognition
SUFFOLK & WAVENEY VALLEY: Two years ago Chris Kelly, now working in the Beccles Angling Direct Tackle Shop, was nominated for the under-18 National Federation of Anglers' World Angling Championship National trials.
Two years ago Chris Kelly, now working in the Beccles Angling Direct Tackle Shop, was nominated for the under-18 National Federation of Anglers' World Angling Championship National trials. Unsuccessful on that occasion, his name and form has since emerged with some force on the match scene as an adult, not only on commercial waters but the River Yare too, developing alongside top local rod Tony Anderson.
England team manager Mark Downes has kept track of Kelly's success as top individual in the Barford Winter league series, and last week he invited him to compete in the Under-22's World Championship eliminators at Packington Fishery, near Coventry this Saturday.
Commercial fisheries fished really well in the fine weather, with plenty of bags being taken between 60lb and 80lb as carp got the urge to feed.
Broome Pits is still a top spot, with the central Kidney Pit best option for the all-round angler and the specialists opting for the Big B Pit. As yet the tench have not moved to graze over the fresh water mussels from the shallows indicating their annual feeding spree in A pit by the gate, but the signs are looking good.
You may also want to watch:
Time is running out for this year's entry into the popular Marsh Trail, where catches have been good, for their two-day Festival over Saturday / Sunday May 1/2 held on Fishing Lakes A and C. The draw is at 9am with fishing from 10.30am- 4.30pm each day. Entry is �40 per head all in with a 70pc pay-out. For details contact David on 07913 115610, Richard on 07796 437381, John 07766 697873.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls