Rising Norfolk rugby star Calum has a big incentive
Former North Walsham player Calum Green is set to receive his second cap for England Under-20s against Scotland tonight. The Norwich-born lock, 19, has been recalled to the England starting line-up for the match at Firhill, Glasgow, which kicks off at 7pm.
Former North Walsham player Calum Green is set to receive his second cap for England Under-20s against Scotland tonight.
The Norwich-born lock, 19, has been recalled to the England starting line-up for the match at Firhill, Glasgow, which kicks off at 7pm.
Green made his Guinness premiership debut for Leicester Tigers last season and more recently he starred in their 35-19 win against London Irish last weekend.
The former Heartsease High School pupil had shown interest in rugby as a four-year-old, after going to watch his father, Michael, play for Crusaders.
You may also want to watch:
He started out with Norwich Minis before later joining Walsham, where he was noticed by Leicester.
He has taken vast steps since, being made captain of the Leicester Tigers Academy team, and representing England at Under-16A level. He was offered a two-year contract and has made four appearances in the Guinness Premiership this season. He made his England U20s debut on February 5 against Wales.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 10 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
With The IRB Junior World Championship taking place in Argentina later this year, Green will be looking to put in a solid performance tonight and impress the selectors.