Rising Norfolk cricket star Callum Taylor hits seven sixes for Essex 2nds in unbeaten knock of 73
- Credit: PA
Swardeston and Norfolk youngster Callum Taylor starred with the bat on day three of Essex seconds match against Gloucestershire seconds yesterday.
The 16-year-old hit an unbeaten 73 off 40 balls, including seven sixes, as Essex declared on 310-6 in reply to Gloucestershire's first innings total of 145 all out.
Taylor burst onto the scene for Norfolk last year after making his Minor Counties debut at just 16 years and 26 days and scoring a match-winning knock of 48 from just 33 balls, to seal a four-wicket win in a three-day match against Northumberland during the Norfolk Festival at Manor Park.
He then finished the season by becoming the youngest player to score a century for the county, in a three-day match at Staffordshire in August.
Taylor, from Cromer, is involved with Essex CCC's academy training programme and was handed a bursary contract at the end of last season.
You may also want to watch:
He was part of the Essex tour party to travel to Sri Lanka in February and his coaches have set him the target of pushing for a full contract this season.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 9 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 10 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146