Rising Norfolk cricket star Callum Taylor hits seven sixes for Essex 2nds in unbeaten knock of 73
- Credit: PA
Swardeston and Norfolk youngster Callum Taylor starred with the bat on day three of Essex seconds match against Gloucestershire seconds yesterday.
The 16-year-old hit an unbeaten 73 off 40 balls, including seven sixes, as Essex declared on 310-6 in reply to Gloucestershire's first innings total of 145 all out.
Taylor burst onto the scene for Norfolk last year after making his Minor Counties debut at just 16 years and 26 days and scoring a match-winning knock of 48 from just 33 balls, to seal a four-wicket win in a three-day match against Northumberland during the Norfolk Festival at Manor Park.
He then finished the season by becoming the youngest player to score a century for the county, in a three-day match at Staffordshire in August.
Taylor, from Cromer, is involved with Essex CCC's academy training programme and was handed a bursary contract at the end of last season.
He was part of the Essex tour party to travel to Sri Lanka in February and his coaches have set him the target of pushing for a full contract this season.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 8 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend