Riley returns with a win at Oulton Broad
- Credit: Archant
The winter series on Oulton Broad took a decided turn for the better last Sunday as all classes enjoyed two good races.
It was a very grey day and the wind was blowing from the south which makes setting a good start line difficult and it was a bit biased making a good start essential.
As usual RS400s led the Fast Handicap race with Richard Fryer finishing in front of Richard Barett but as usual the winner on handicap came from further down the fleet, this time it was Tim Riley making his first appearance of the winter in a Solo who moved up from sixth to win from Jamie Freeman in a Laser with David Frary pcking up a place in his Finn.
David Gooch made the best start in the Squib race as Bryan Riley came slightly unstuck trying a port tack start. Gooch pulled well away and never looked like being caught by Owen Delany who had moved up from fourth to second with Jim Tubby third.
Richard Fryer and Ben Falat were having a very close race at the front of the second Fast Handicap race with Ben just having the upper hand when he very uncharacteristically capsized twice and retired leaving Jamie Freeman to win from David Frary and Veronica Falat third in her Streaker with only 20 seconds separating them.
You may also want to watch:
Bryan Riley does not often finish as far down the fleet as fourth as he did in the first Squib race and he made sure it would not happen again by getting the best start and leading to the finish with Jim Tubby second and Sam Cole third after a close race with Owen Delany.
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk