Richard Smith takes the honours in open meeting at Waveney & Oulton Broad Yacht Club
- Credit: Archant
Sailors at Waveney & Oulton Broad Yacht Club enjoyed glorious spring weather for the Laser and Single-hander open meeting on Saturday and the Lady Mayhew all-comers race on Sunday.
Richard Smith won all three races in the Laser event whilst Alan Cone was runner-up, with Jonathan Jones taking third overall.
In the Fast Handicap fleet, Duncan Madin sailed his K1 to victory, with the Streakers of Veronica Falat and Mark Langston taking second and third places.
In the Slow Handicap fleet Geoff Ansdell won the first race in his Laser 4.7 but the overall winner was 11 year-old George Madin in his RS Tera Sport, making it a very good day for the Madin family.
The Lady Mayhew Trophy race saw Veronica Falat take the overall win over handicap with Alan Cone (Laser) in second place and Julian & Bethany Hood in third. Ben Falat finished five minutes ahead of the pack but placed fourth overall on corrected time.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women