Reserve outing for Chadwick
Fit again midfielder Luke Chadwick is in the Canaries' reserve team against Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road. Chadwick has had two second half cameo outings in Norwich's recent back-to-back Championship home wins over promotion chasing Birmingham and former club Stoke after his return from a long term knee problem.
Fit again midfielder Luke Chadwick is in the Canaries' reserve team against Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road today. (2pm)
Chadwick has had two second half cameo outings in Norwich's recent back-to-back Championship home wins over promotion chasing Birmingham and former club Stoke after his return from a long term knee problem.
“It'll be good for Luke to be involved,” said academy boss Ricky Martin. “He should have featured at Luton but that game was called off. He's had a couple of first team games off the bench so he's fit and raring to go.”
The 26-year-old is City's only established regular in another youthful second string looking to build on an impressive 3-1 derby win over Ipswich last month.
You may also want to watch:
“I was very encouraged by that game,” said Martin. “There was a lot of positive performances and that is the standard they have set themselves.”
Steven Arnold deputises for the injured Joe Lewis (wrist) in goal. Matthew Halliday partners Alvin Quaye in central defence after his recent loan spell at Torquay. Ipswich two goal headliner Seb Muddel partners Bally Smart in attack.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 9 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 10 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
“Seb will go into the game full of confidence,” said Martin. “Bally has good pace alongside him so if they link well it's the makings of a decent partnership.”
Kris Renton is on Scotland U17 international duty in Germany.
Norwich: Arnold, Miller, Halliday, Quaye, Lathrope, Chadwick, Spillane, Bexfield, Smart, Muddel, Eagle. Subs: Eames, Daley, O'Toole.