Remy Gordon puts finishing touch to away victory for Wroxham
Wroxham produced a strong second half performance to seal three valuable points.
In a tight first half, where both teams struggled to play the ball about on a testing surface, it was Cheshunt who had the better of the chances, Allen Bossman lifting his effort over the bar from eight yards after Aaron Cranfield had smarty stopped Will Holmes' effort on 25 minutes.
With the second half starting in a similar vein, it Wroxham who seized the initiative as Aaron Sanders gave them the lead, tapping in at the back post after 53 minutes after some good work from Remy Gordon down the left.
Two goals in three minutes then sparked the game into life as both captains got their names on the score sheet.
Cheshunt first restored parity as a ball across the box found Ben Llewellyn, who took a touch before firing his effort through Aaron Cranfield and into the bottom right-hand corner.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Halliday then retook the lead for his side after 67 minutes as Klaus Svekis flicked on Joe Marsden's low free-kick, the high ball being met by the defender's towering header that looped into the top corner
The game became stretched as Cheshunt searched for an equaliser, but it was the Yachtsmen who had the final say, Marsden exposing the holes in the Cheshunt defence to race down the left, before laying an inch perfect cross for Gordon, who made no mistake from six yards.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
Cheshunt: Viner, Clemo, Llewellyn, Sem (Odemwomnyi 60), Payne, Elenge, Mitchell (Beckles 70), Nash, Bossman, Holmes (Megicks 60), Cooper. Subs not used: Adewumni, Parker
Wroxham: Cranfield, Marsden, Price, Groves, Starkings, Halliday (Taylor 70), King, Harty, Sanders (Vide 90, Gordon, Svekis (Guyton 83). Subs not used: Pelka, Doyle
Referee: L Marshallsay. Attendance: 105.