Reigning trio seal mixed triples progress at Great Yarmouth Festival of Bowls
- Credit: Submitted
The Great Yarmouth Festival of Bowls mixed triples tournament started yesterday with 180 competitors enjoying bright unbroken sunshine.
Last year's winners, Wayne Willgress' trio, won 15-8, 12-12 and 12-9 to progress to today and there were eight Blocks that went unbeaten in the first day of the mixed triples, which is sponsored by the 3 Norfolk Square guest house.
M Riches with N and S Coverdale won 13-9, 12-5 and 18-2. B Grint with B and J Kirby won 21-6, 13-3 and 10-8. T Jermy, M and C Turner won 12-11, 19-0 and 8-7, while P, H and M Wilkinson won 9-6, 12-8 and 12-5.
Others unbeaten were G Gibson, D Noble, F Howard and M Upton.
In the group 11 section, three blocks won two games. M Topping, and T Tortice went through to today, then J Ciplinski as the best third qualifier.
You may also want to watch:
A Sheperd qualified despite only winning one game in a very competitive group six, by two shots, while V Smith went through with one win and a draw and a minus shot difference.
Other qualifiers included G Haylett, R Hayton, T Izzard, A Collins, W Downie, A Waterson, M Struthers and D Brawn.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 10 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich