Reigning trio seal mixed triples progress at Great Yarmouth Festival of Bowls
- Credit: Submitted
The Great Yarmouth Festival of Bowls mixed triples tournament started yesterday with 180 competitors enjoying bright unbroken sunshine.
Last year's winners, Wayne Willgress' trio, won 15-8, 12-12 and 12-9 to progress to today and there were eight Blocks that went unbeaten in the first day of the mixed triples, which is sponsored by the 3 Norfolk Square guest house.
M Riches with N and S Coverdale won 13-9, 12-5 and 18-2. B Grint with B and J Kirby won 21-6, 13-3 and 10-8. T Jermy, M and C Turner won 12-11, 19-0 and 8-7, while P, H and M Wilkinson won 9-6, 12-8 and 12-5.
Others unbeaten were G Gibson, D Noble, F Howard and M Upton.
In the group 11 section, three blocks won two games. M Topping, and T Tortice went through to today, then J Ciplinski as the best third qualifier.
A Sheperd qualified despite only winning one game in a very competitive group six, by two shots, while V Smith went through with one win and a draw and a minus shot difference.
Other qualifiers included G Haylett, R Hayton, T Izzard, A Collins, W Downie, A Waterson, M Struthers and D Brawn.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 5 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 6 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 7 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 8 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 9 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed