Reed on target again as Blues maintain perfect start
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Alfreton Town 0 Lowestoft Town 1
Lowestoft made it successive wins against teams who have just come down from the Conference when they recorded a hard-fought victory at Alfreton.
The Blues followed up their excellent 3-0 triumph over AFC Telford at Crown Meadow on Saturday, with a one-goal success in Derbyshire, with Jake Reed again their hero.
The striker picked up the man-of-the-match award after scoring two goals at the weekend, and netted a second half winner last night to move his side up to second in the National League North table with maximum points from two games.
Reed was put through by Danny Crow on the hour mark and produced a composed finish to score the game's only goal.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues' cause was helped 14 minutes later when Alfreton captain Dan Bradley was sent off for a poor challenge on Erkan Okay and they comfortably saw out the game.
The home side's best moment came in the 21st minute when Tom Allen's header hit the crossbar while Sam Berry also went close just after the interval.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 9 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Lowestoft: Jessup, Barker, Smith, Fisk, Ainsley, Mitchell (Rossi Jarvis), Ryan Jarvis, Okay, Reed (Eagle), Crow, Henderson (Bammant). Attendance: 515.