Reed on target again as Blues maintain perfect start
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Alfreton Town 0 Lowestoft Town 1
Lowestoft made it successive wins against teams who have just come down from the Conference when they recorded a hard-fought victory at Alfreton.
The Blues followed up their excellent 3-0 triumph over AFC Telford at Crown Meadow on Saturday, with a one-goal success in Derbyshire, with Jake Reed again their hero.
The striker picked up the man-of-the-match award after scoring two goals at the weekend, and netted a second half winner last night to move his side up to second in the National League North table with maximum points from two games.
Reed was put through by Danny Crow on the hour mark and produced a composed finish to score the game's only goal.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues' cause was helped 14 minutes later when Alfreton captain Dan Bradley was sent off for a poor challenge on Erkan Okay and they comfortably saw out the game.
The home side's best moment came in the 21st minute when Tom Allen's header hit the crossbar while Sam Berry also went close just after the interval.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police
Lowestoft: Jessup, Barker, Smith, Fisk, Ainsley, Mitchell (Rossi Jarvis), Ryan Jarvis, Okay, Reed (Eagle), Crow, Henderson (Bammant). Attendance: 515.