Redbridge 0 Dereham Town 5
- Credit: IAN BURT
Dereham Town well and truly cast off their goal-scoring problems at Redbridge.
The Magpies had scored in just one previous league game this season, but turned that form on its head.
A goal from Rhys Logan put them ahead at half-time, but it was the final 20 minutes when Dereham came into their own, as Ryan Crisp, Sam Borrer, Lewis Butcher and substitute Lewis Wallace capped off a fine performance.
The Magpies started brightly and in the 13th minute were rewarded when Borrer found Logan in space on the right. The youngster took two touches before lifting the ball over home keeper Jack Avery.
Logan missed a good opportunity to net again minutes later when Crisp tested Avery from 20 yards.
You may also want to watch:
There was panic in the visiting defence in the 40th minute when Jake Anema's sliced clearance flew up and over the head of keeper Will Viner, who did well to back-track and claw the ball over his bar.
Dereham should have increased their lead when Logan got in behind the home defence and set up the unmarked Crisp, who was a yard out, but the ball landed behind him and he failed to convert.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
On half-time, Luke Tuttle put Crisp clean through again but the out-of-luck striker was denied by a good save by Avery. The in-form home keeper excelled again after the break to twice deny Logan.
Redbridge came close in the 65th minute with Viner getting in a mix-up with a defender, but Lewis Sturman tracked back well to make a vital goal-line clearance.
The break Dereham needed finally came on 70 minutes when Logan passed inside to Crisp, who beat Avery with a terrific 30-yard strike. Within a minute the Magpies scored again – Tuttle's free-kick travelled deep through a crowded box and reached Borrer, who netted from close range. The fourth came in the 90th minute when Butcher picked up substitute Matthew Cook's searching pass and slotted home and there was still time for Wallace to complete Dereham's nap hand.
Redbridge: Avery, Aldred, Adelekan, Thomas, Ogunleye, Kabashi (Nougher 65), Gent, Jones (Knight 56), Drake (Ogboin 65), Murphy, R Winn. Subs not used: Frances, G Winn.
Dereham: Viner, Willis, Blake-Tracy, Swatman, Sturman, Anema, Logan (Frary 79), Borrer, Tuttle (Wallace 85), Crisp (Cook 85), Butcher. Sub not used: A Wilton.
Referee: N Davies.