Rebecca Field’s Norfolk and national Indoor Bowling double
The Norfolk County Women's Indoor Bowling Association singles final saw Rebecca Field (Norfolk) beat Jayne Roylance (Norfolk) 21-19.
This was a very closely-fought game all the way through with first one in front, then the other. At 15 ends, Jayne was three behind, six shots over the next four ends saw her lead 18-15. Jayne held match lie on the next end, only to have Rebecca draw second shot. Thanks to a full house on the 22nd end, Rebecca pressed on to take the game, adding the county crown to her National one.
In the pairs Rebecca Carter, Sandra Curtis (County Arts) beat Jayne Roylance, Christine Webb (North Walsham) 21-10.
The first half of the game was a very closely-fought game with the scores level at eight ends. From then on County Arts edged ahead, thanks to some superb bowling from the young Rebecca, ably backed up by her skip. A six on the 19th end for them resulted in the North Walsham pair conceding the game.
In the triples Jayne Roylance, Christine Webb, Linda Blake (North Walsham) beat Margaret Hawes, Mary Johnson, Carole Baker (Diss) 19-12.
You may also want to watch:
It was another hard-fought game with the score 11-10 in favour of Walsham at 14 ends. On the next end, Diss conceded a five, and this really put the seal on what had been a very low-scoring game.
Wendy Bryant, Joyce Tart, Marlene Elvin, Shirley Flood (Wymondham Dell) won the fours beating Sue Gravener, Carol Perry, Carol Fenn, Jenny Morrison (Pinewood Park) 25-19.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
At 10 ends the Pinewood quartet were eight up, but a six on the next end put new life into the four from Wymondham, and they only lost two more ends as they swept to a six-shot victory.