Reality bites at Evo-Stik Premier Division King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Gary Setchell is under no illusions just how difficult his job at King's Lynn Town is becoming.
The Linnets' manager enjoyed almost non-stop success during the early years of the born-again outfit. But life at The Walks has proved to be a far more challenging proposition during a second season in the Evo-Stik (Northern) Premier Division.
Lynn's boss said: 'It is testing times at the minute. We've lost two players in a week (Jake Jones and George Thomson) and our away form is doing my head in, it really is.
'There's just a lot of little things at the moment that are adding up to a big thing. There are a number of clubs getting dragged in to a relegation dogfight. But we're 14 points above the bottom four and just 10 points behind the play-offs. So we're bang in mid-table and doing ok.
'The players are 100pc together and working hard to cut out the silly mistakes we're making that are costing us points. I do understand the realism of the job at hand. It's a difficult job and where we are situated in the country means that isn't going to get any easier.
You may also want to watch:
'It's still a great club, a great job and we have great fans. But it's tough now as the club continues to live within its means.'
Lynn, reformed in 2010, sit 12th and visit Marine on Saturday looking to secure a first league victory on the road since the opening day of the season.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?