Rallying makes a welcome return to Norfolk circuit
For the first time in nearly a decade, rallying returns to Snetterton this Sunday with the Tamdown Stages with local team's intent to mark the occasion with victory.
The event takes place on the door step of Larling's Dennis Marshall, who is keen to take his first victory on his home track. With his newly acquired Metro 6R4 he has the equipment to achieve his goal.
King's Lynn's Ray Brammer will start first on the road and provide tough opposition for Marshall as the Subaru Impreza WRC driver has previously had a history of success at the venue.
Gavin Smith, in his Impreza, and the Mitsubishi EVO 6 of David Daniel will ensure that the local pair will have to fight for every advantage to obtain a home victory.
Martin Newsom and navigator Peter Morris have won numerous National Tarmac Rally Championships but the Beccles driver has recently upgraded his MG ZR and will be looking to continue their winning habit.
You may also want to watch:
Making it tough for the MG crew will be the potent Ford Escort Mk11's of Steve Tiburn, Mike Smith and Barry Sawyer while the Ford Fiesta of Stuart Delf has proved speedy in the past. Local rivals Phillip Bowman and Claire Rix will fight over Class 1 honours in their Ford Ka's while Johnnie Ellis, Chris Rixon and Robert John will dispute Class 2.
The eight stage event, which will use all of the circuit configurations, starts at 9am with the final two stages planned to be held in the dark.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?