RAF Marham finally get their hands on Senior 9s trophy
- Credit: Archant
Sixty players from Easton, Mattishall, Mundesley, Ryston Park, RAF Marham, Searles and The Links met up for the annual Norfolk Senior 9s event at West Runton.
The competition is a full handicap 18-hole Stableford, with the best five scores from six counting.
After supporting the event for nine-hole courses since its inauguration, RAF Marham at last lifted the cup.
Again it was a very close contest, with just one point separating the first three teams, Marham A scoring 177 points and Links A and Links B both scoring 176.
The individual competition was won by Vince Ryan (Links) with 43 points from Nick Howes (Marham) with 39 and Trevor Nutt (Searles) with 38. Nearest the pin winners were Clive Childerhouse (Mattishall), Howes and Nutt while the best front nine and back nine scores (excluding the main prize winners) were Dave Wright (19pts) and Tim McCrohon (20pts), both from The Links.
You may also want to watch:
As winners RAF Marham will host next year's event.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st