RAF Marham finally get their hands on Senior 9s trophy
- Credit: Archant
Sixty players from Easton, Mattishall, Mundesley, Ryston Park, RAF Marham, Searles and The Links met up for the annual Norfolk Senior 9s event at West Runton.
The competition is a full handicap 18-hole Stableford, with the best five scores from six counting.
After supporting the event for nine-hole courses since its inauguration, RAF Marham at last lifted the cup.
Again it was a very close contest, with just one point separating the first three teams, Marham A scoring 177 points and Links A and Links B both scoring 176.
The individual competition was won by Vince Ryan (Links) with 43 points from Nick Howes (Marham) with 39 and Trevor Nutt (Searles) with 38. Nearest the pin winners were Clive Childerhouse (Mattishall), Howes and Nutt while the best front nine and back nine scores (excluding the main prize winners) were Dave Wright (19pts) and Tim McCrohon (20pts), both from The Links.
You may also want to watch:
As winners RAF Marham will host next year's event.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison