Quarter-final line-up of Great Yarmouth Over-60s Singles is decided
- Credit: Archant
The final stages of the Palace Bingo and Casino Over-60 Open Singles will be played at the Great Yarmouth Festival of Bowls today.
In the first quarter-final A Nixon from Aldeby BC will play J Tyers from Derby.
Nixon topped his group with four points after losing his first game 14-15 but winning the next two 15-10 and 15-8 to go through on shot difference,
Tyers also topped her group with four points and beat her husband to lead the way on shot difference.
The second game sees S Simpson of Freethorpe BC take on P Browne after they both won their three group games for six points.
You may also want to watch:
The third game will be between local player R Pooley and C Southwood, Pooley won all his games (15-4, 15-7, 15-6) while Southwood topped his group with two wins - 15-12, 15-6 - and a 15-8 defeat. The final game will be between B Kilby from Skegness and D Brealey of Oulton Broad BC. Brealey won all his three games (15-6, 15-10, 15-8) while Kilby won two out of three (15-8, 15-8, 8-15).
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 9 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 10 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk