Quality win for Norwich boxer Nathan Dale
Norwich's Nathan Dale made it six wins out of six after arguably his bets performance as a professional.
The 21-year-old welterweight was a convincing 40-35 points winner over tough Lithuanian Andrej Cepur at Grays, in Essex.
Dale had his more experienced opponent on the canvas in the opening round and dominated throughout - just reward, said trainer Graham Everett, for a gruelling dedication to the sport.
'He trains full-time, seven days a week,' said Everett. 'There is nothing part-time about him - he is in it for the long haul.
'He starts work at a supermarket at 4am doing shopping orders, he finishes there around 9am or 10am then comes straight to the gym and works with me, then he goes out for a run in the evening and then goes to bed early.'
You may also want to watch:
The loyalty bonus points came during a display that left Everett, and the crowd, hugely impressed.
Everett said: 'He dropped him in the first round, and the lad is a difficult fighter, really tough and dangerous.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 7 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
'There were a lot of people who left there talking about Nathan's performance - he looked absolute quality.