Quality holiday catches at Narborough
- Credit: Archant
The Bank Holiday weekend was one to remember at Narborough Fisheries.
A pair of magnificent carp were taken from the specimen carp lake, Millers.
Justin Pringle's mirror carp weighed in at 32lb 12oz while Dan Kirk hauled out a common – likely to be one of the recent stocking of common carp, which tipped the scales at 25lb 9½ozs, suggesting they were putting on weight since stocking.
All Narborough's lakes have been fishing well, with good size bream, roach, chub and tench caught in Foresters, and the match lake, Ashford, which always provides a great day's fishing and the potential of plenty of fish, of not only F1s, but roach, chub, rudd and bream.
The trout lakes are constantly re-stocked with fine fish straight from the nearby stock ponds, with over 2,000 trout reared on-site. The catch and release lake has had the recent addition this year with bigger fish, and trout from 7lb-9lb are regularly caught.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed