Punters in for a feast of football
BETTING: A season that started so disappointingly for a full house at Carrow Road promises to finish on a high as the Canaries have the opportunity to be crowned champions in front of their own supporters.
A season that started so disappointingly for a full house at Carrow Road promises to finish on a high as the Canaries have the opportunity to be crowned champions in front of their own supporters.
Bookies are convinced that City fans will be treated to a festival of football by Norwich, priced at 1/2 to win by online firm Jaxx.com. Totesport offer the draw at an improbably long 7/2.
Norwich and Gillingham served up a nail-biter in September when the Canaries, 1-0 down with seconds remaining, notched an equaliser courtesy of Darel Russell. They never looked back after that.
This time around, the weight of punters' cash has been almost exclusively in support of Norwich dominating from the outset and romping home to a comfortable victory, although the Gills, by no means clear of the relegation zone, will have something to say about that.
You may also want to watch:
Nonetheless, Paddy Power chalk 6/5 against City leading at the end of both halves - the same firm rates Norwich a 4/11 shot to open the scoring - while bet365 post 5/6 against them retaining a clean sheet.
Elsewhere, City are 2/1 (Victor Chandler) to hold a 1-0 lead at half- time and William Hill offers 5/2 against them enjoying a one-goal margin of victory. Meanwhile, 888Sport post 5/6 about the fixture's total goal minutes exceeding 140 and Betdaq offer 8/11 that there will be more than two goals.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
As we have noted, however, Gillingham will not arrive intent on rolling over and punters who suspect the visitors could throw a spanner in among the celebrations may be captivated by Totesport's 6/1 for it to finish 1-1 again, but the overwhelming majority anticipate a home win.
Stan James chalks 6/1 against what could be a nervy 1-0 Norwich success, but for those expecting a festival of football, 888Sport offer 10/1 about a 3-0 home win - and no doubt an ecstatic full house . . .