Promotion contenders prove too strong for Norwich City Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies suffered a heavy 9-0 defeat at the hands of promotion contenders Gillingham Ladies.
Gillingham raced into a 3-0 lead after 20 minutes before Chelsea Garrett went close for the Canaries only to see her shot fly just over the bar.
When Kate Parsons was adjudged to have fouled a Gills player in the area the resulting penalty was converted on 33 minutes by Jade Keogh.
Norwich were then forced into a substitution on 36 minutes when Ellen Swift left the field, with Natasha Snelling coming on and it remained 4-0 at the break.
Garrett again went close for City in the 51st minute but was denied by a good save by the goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
Gillingham kicked on and ran riot in the second period as they claimed the points in a 9-0 win.
Norwich will be looking to bounce back next weekend when they travel to Luton, who themselves were beaten 10-1 by Gillingham recently.
- 1 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 2 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 City confirm midfielder exit
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival