Promoters to reschedule Norwich fight night
- Credit: Jerry Daws / Stillfocusedmedia
A double injury blow has forced promoters to postpone a Norwich boxing show scheduled for October 14.
Nathan Dale has had to pull out due to injury – another setback for the Norwich man after coming back from hand surgery and then a double hernia.
'It's not a big injury but I have been advised to pull out off the October show as a precaution,' he said.
And Iain Martell, who suffered a fractured hand in his debut fight last month, is also out as his hand needs another couple of weeks to heal.
The fight night was sandwiched between Norwich heavyweight Sam Sexton's British title fight in Edinburgh on October 6 and Craig Poxton's appearance in Leeds on October 21, against Leon Woodstock.
You may also want to watch:
Trainer Graham Everett said: 'We took the decision because we didn't want to short-change anyone. We put on a great show last time and that is the standard we want to maintain – we'll arrange a new date as soon as we can.'
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low