Productive second F1 test day in Barcelona for Team Lotus
Hingham-based Team Lotus completed just short of 100 laps on a productive second day of the final Formula One pre-season test in a cool Barcelona.
Jarno Trulli was in the T128 and will continue this morning before Heikki Kovalainen completes the rest of the test.
Trulli said: 'We're happy with how the day went; completing 98 laps gave us a chance to work through a number of set-up options.'
Sebastian Vettel provided another ominous sign of Red Bull's RB7 by comfortably topping Tuesday's time sheets – but McLaren had another frustrating day.
Lewis Hamilton spent long spells in the garage as continuing reliability issues with the new MP4-26 limited his running.
You may also want to watch:
'Do I believe I have a car to win the world championship at the moment? I don't, no,' said Hamilton.
• Barcelona, fourth pre-season test – day two fastest times (all unofficial): 1 Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull) 1 min 21.865 sec, 2 Sebastien Buemi (Toro Rosso) 1:22.396, 3 Vitaly Petrov (Renault) 1:22.670, 4 Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) 1:22.888, 5 Felipe Massa (Ferrari) 1:23.324, 6 Paul di Resta (Force India) 1:24.334, 7 Kamui Kobayashi (Sauber) 1:24.436, 8 Nico Rosberg (Mercedes) 1:25.807, 9 Jarno Trulli (Team Lotus) 1:26.090, 10 Pastor Maldonado (Williams) 1:26.989, 11 Jerome D'Ambrosio (Virgin) 1:28.982.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp