Prime lead is cut down by Cone's Laser
David HannantThe sailing on Oulton Broad last Sunday was in a cold north east wind and fairly uneventful.Richard Smith and Andrea Prime not surprisingly got round the course the fastest in the first Fast Handicap race but again on handicap the winner came from further back in the fleet, as Alan Cone led the Lasers and moved up to first with David Frary taking second as Smith dropped to third.David Hannant
The sailing on Oulton Broad last Sunday was in a cold north east wind and fairly uneventful.
Richard Smith and Andrea Prime not surprisingly got round the course the fastest in the first Fast Handicap race but again on handicap the winner came from further back in the fleet, as Alan Cone led the Lasers and moved up to first with David Frary taking second as Smith dropped to third.
Bryan Riley, Owen Delany and David Gooch established their places at the front of the Squib fleet and there was no place changing in a race which was a bit processional.
The biggest change was in the second Fast Handicap race when Prime exchanged her normal crewing duties to take the helm of Smith's RS400 with Smith at the sharp end. She could not beat Richard Fryer who finished first both on the water and on handicap as Frary gained his second second place on the day as Prime dropped to third.
You may also want to watch:
Cone recorded his second win of the day in the Lasers as he beat Simon Beckett and the fast improving Steve Cole.
In the second Squib race Delany got the best of the start and won by a considerable margin while Riley, who started at the wrong end of the line, worked his way through to second with Richard Dell third.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man and woman found dead in home
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
Behind them Sam Cole and Gooch were having a good battle for fourth place until they both tried to creep past the Park on the beat but the tide was not as high as they hoped and both ran hard aground and had to be towed off.