Prima Tiger Bowl success for young Wymondham side at Leicester Tigers’s Welford Road ground
Wymondham Under-10s are celebrating after winning the Prima Tiger Bowl in Leicester on Saturday.
The South Norfolk youngsters secured the title at Welford Road after beating Burton from Staffordshire 3-1 in the final – played as a curtain-raiser to Leicester Tigers' 42-15 Aviva Premiership victory over Newcastle Falcons. They were presented with the silverware during the interval of the senior game.
Wymondham reached the final with a 4-0 victory against Melton Mowbray earlier in the day.
'It means so much to them to be at Welford Road,' said Wymondham coach David Clark. 'They have worked so hard, have been undefeated through the whole competition and it's great to win the Prima Tiger Bowl.
'You could see how much it meant to us and the supporters. There must have been 60 supporters making lots of noise, it was beautiful weather and we're delighted.'
Wymondham are the third winners of the Prima Tiger Bowl, which was launched due to the growth of their Prima Tiger Cup.
Scott Clarke, Tigers community coach, said: 'Congratulations to Wymondham on winning the Prima Tiger Bowl, and to the other teams for a great day of rugby.'
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 5 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 6 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 8 Several roads closed in King's Lynn due to crash and police incident
- 9 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run
- 10 Police ask neighbours to turn in inconsiderate parkers in new crackdown