Prima Tiger Bowl success for young Wymondham side at Leicester Tigers’s Welford Road ground
Wymondham Under-10s are celebrating after winning the Prima Tiger Bowl in Leicester on Saturday.
The South Norfolk youngsters secured the title at Welford Road after beating Burton from Staffordshire 3-1 in the final – played as a curtain-raiser to Leicester Tigers' 42-15 Aviva Premiership victory over Newcastle Falcons. They were presented with the silverware during the interval of the senior game.
Wymondham reached the final with a 4-0 victory against Melton Mowbray earlier in the day.
'It means so much to them to be at Welford Road,' said Wymondham coach David Clark. 'They have worked so hard, have been undefeated through the whole competition and it's great to win the Prima Tiger Bowl.
'You could see how much it meant to us and the supporters. There must have been 60 supporters making lots of noise, it was beautiful weather and we're delighted.'
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham are the third winners of the Prima Tiger Bowl, which was launched due to the growth of their Prima Tiger Cup.
Scott Clarke, Tigers community coach, said: 'Congratulations to Wymondham on winning the Prima Tiger Bowl, and to the other teams for a great day of rugby.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub